Latest story is 10 bite-size ghost stories in the Ghost Stories category.
- 10 very short ghost stories. The miracle that wasn’t, a mixtape with more than memories, a dangerous garden, and more in this collection.
A new story has been added to the ghost stories section.
- A compilation of 15 haunted locations and objects.
- A short story about toys, children, and how it doesn’t end well when you completely dismiss both.
I lived alone with my daughter in a house which was far too large for us, but had the advantage of being inherited from my parents. I worked hard to maintain it and expected my daughter to do what she could to make raising her simpler. She was a quiet girl, her most obvious fault a tendency toward flights of fancy while I did my best to keep her anchored in reality.
- At the edge of the rainforest was a spirit, leading the replanting efforts to work in reverse in an attempt to delay contact. But they can’t stop planting and what remains of the forest, both living and dead, intends they finish the job. Keli wants to see the rainforest flourish again
- On a lonely stretch of road it’s a yearly event. (A story about the Phantom Passenger)
2 new stories – a reporter dealing with a superhero who looks just like him, and a retired superheroine whose ex-nemesis just won’t let her mow her lawn in peace.
The new section Superheroics and Supervillainy collects the non-St. Genevieve superhero stories.
I have added the last two years of ghost stories to the page. 7 new ones! A haunted planet, something that should not be under the sea, and an old Canadian urban legend make an appearance in these tales.
Please go to Ghost Stories to read them!
To the new Ghost Stories page!
Seven stories ranging from sad to sweet to spooky, all written in Autumn of 2017.
Seeking Love Interest – A woman seeks another character for her story. Humour, under 500 words.
Remember that all fiction and fiction subsites can be found here!
Over at St. Genevieve’s site, we have a new short story in the meta category:
It delves into the history of the Digital Nation in the world of St. Genevieve.
Big update! On the St. Genevieve project, there have been two stories published:
- The Swiss Army Henchwoman – A walking tour of the local villain groups by your tourguide, Patrice, who has rent to pay.
- Hellhouse – A Hellhouse opens and closes in one night in St. Genevieve. Not entirely deliberately.
On the Box of Stars subsite, there has been one new story:
- Facetime – Dene Surma vs The Vampire That’s Just A Floating Head With Organs Hanging Out, a story told in one part.
And there is a tangible piece of St. Genevieve you can own, a Mad Science Department hardcover notebook from Redbubble, art made jointly by Jean Cabot and Ann Larimer.
Once Upon a Fic Exchange @ Archive Of Our Own is a story exchange devoted to fairy-tales, myths, tall tales, epics, and legends! Nominations for stories will begin January 25th, concluding February 8th, followed by sign-ups on the 10th to 17th!
If you love fairy-tale retellings (and are a fan of Two-Booted Tales), please check this out.